United Arab Emirates Oil
Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in the United Arab Emirates
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
The United Arab Emirates holds 97,800,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 7th in the world and accounting for about
5.9% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
The United Arab Emirates has proven reserves equivalent to 299.0 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 299 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 7th
| Share of World: 5.93 %
299 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in the United Arab Emirates
Oil Consumption in the United Arab Emirates
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- The United Arab Emirates consumes 896,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- The United Arab Emirates ranks 24th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.9% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- The United Arab Emirates consumes 4.02 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 9,360,980 people), or 1,467 gallons per capita per year (35 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in the United Arab Emirates
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- The United Arab Emirates produces
3,772,788.27 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 8th in the world.
- The United Arab Emirates produces every year an amount equivalent to 1.4% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- The United Arab Emirates exports 66% of its oil production (2,487,580 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production