Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Hungary
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Hungary holds 28,600,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 81st in the world and accounting for about
0.0% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Total Oil Reserves in Hungary are less than even a single year of oil consumption (56,773,456 barrels as of 2016), making Hungary highly dependent on oil imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Global Rank: 81st
| Share of World: 0.00 %
1 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Hungary
Oil Consumption in Hungary
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Hungary consumes 155,544 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Hungary ranks 62nd in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.2% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Hungary consumes 0.67 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 9,752,975 people), or 244 gallons per capita per year (6 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Hungary
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Hungary produces
36,018.33 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 69th in the world.
- Hungary produces every year an amount equivalent to 46.0% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Hungary imports 77% of its oil consumption (119,913 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production