Summary Table(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
Oil Reserves in Algeria
See also: List of countries by Oil Reserves
Algeria holds 12,200,000,000 barrels of proven oil reserves as of 2016, ranking 16th in the world and accounting for about
0.7% of the world's total oil reserves of 1,650,585,140,000 barrels.
Algeria has proven reserves equivalent to 77.9 times its annual consumption. This means that, without Net Exports, there would be about 78 years of oil left (at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).
Global Rank: 16th
| Share of World: 0.74 %
78 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Oil Reserves in Algeria
Oil Consumption in Algeria
See also: List of countries by Oil Consumption
- Algeria consumes 429,000 barrels per day (B/d) of oil as of the year 2016.
- Algeria ranks 35th in the world for oil consumption, accounting for about 0.4% of the world's total consumption of 97,103,871 barrels per day.
- Algeria consumes 0.44 gallons of oil per capita every day (based on the 2016 population of 40,551,392 people), or 162 gallons per capita per year (4 barrels). [1 barrel = 42 US Gallons]
Oil Production in Algeria
See also: List of countries by Oil Production
- Algeria produces
1,698,785.66 barrels per day of oil (as of 2016) ranking 17th in the world.
- Algeria produces every year an amount equivalent to 5.1% of its total proven reserves (as of 2016).
- Algeria exports 37% of its oil production (633,661 barrels per day in 2016).
History of Oil Consumption and Production