France Natural Gas
(Data shown is for 2015, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
| ||Million Cubic Ft |
|Global Rank |
| ||314,000 ||77th in the world |
| ||742 ||90th in the world |
| ||1,342,959 ||28th in the world |
| -1,342,217 || |
|1,567,386 || |
|191,372 || |
| ||1,376,014 || |
Gas Reserves in France
See also: List of countries by Gas Reserves
only 0.30 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of proven gas reserves as of 2017, ranking 77th in the world and accounting for about
0.004% of the world's total natural gas reserves of 6,923 Tcf.
Total gas reserves in France are less than even a single year of gas consumption (1,479,097 MMcf as of 2017), making France highly dependent on natural gas imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
France Gas Reserves
Global Rank: 77th
| Share of World's Gas: 0.004 %
0 years of natural gas left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Gas Reserves in France
Gas Consumption in France
See also: List of countries by Gas Consumption
- France consumes 1,479,097 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year as of the year 2017.
- France ranks 28th in the world for natural gas consumption, accounting for about 1.1% of the world's total consumption of 132,290,211 MMcf.
- France consumes 22,811 cubic feet of natural gas per capita every year (based on the 2017 population of 64,842,509 people), or 62 cubic feet per capita per day.
- France consumes in a year 4.9 times more than its total reserves. It substains this consumption by importing 1,716,308 MMcf of natural gas per year (in 2017).
Gas Production in France
See also: List of countries by Gas Production
- France produces
741.62 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas per year (as of 2015) ranking 90th in the world.
- France imports 102% of its natural gas consumption (1,376,014 MMcf in 2015).
History of Gas Consumption and Production