(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
| ||Tons ||Global Rank |
| ||1,102,310 ||76th in the world |
| ||0 ||N.A. |
| ||72,649,581 ||14th in the world |
| -72,649,581 || |
|72,343,027 || |
|1,330 || |
| ||72,341,696 || |
Coal Reserves in Taiwan
See also: List of countries by Coal Reserves
only 1.10 million tons (MMst) of proven coal reserves as of 2016, ranking 76th in the world and accounting for about
0.000% of the world's total coal reserves of 1,139,471 million tons (MMst).
Total Coal Reserves in Taiwan are less than even a single year of coal consumption (72,649,581 tons as of 2016), making Taiwan highly dependent on natural Coal imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Global Rank: 76th
| Share of World: 0.000 %
0 years of Coal left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Coal Reserves in Taiwan
Coal Consumption in Taiwan
See also: List of countries by Coal Consumption
- Taiwan consumes 72,649,581 Tons (short tons, "st") of Coal per year as of the year 2016.
- Taiwan ranks 14th in the world for Coal consumption, accounting for about 6.4% of the world's total consumption of 1,139,471,430 tons.
- Taiwan consumes 3,076,000 cubic feet of Coal per capita every year (based on the 2016 population of 23,618,200 people), or 8,427 cubic feet per capita per day.
- Taiwan consumes in a year 65.9 times more than its total reserves. It substains this consumption by importing 72,343,027 Tons of Coal per year (in 2016).
Coal Production in Taiwan
See also: List of countries by Coal Production
- Taiwan produces
0.00 tons (short tons, "st") of Coal per year (as of 2016) ranking 67th in the world.
- Taiwan imports 100% of its Coal consumption (72,341,696 tons in 2016).
History of Coal Consumption and Production