(Data shown is for 2016, the latest year with complete data in all categoreies)
| ||Tons ||Global Rank |
| ||1,102,310 ||76th in the world |
| ||0 ||N.A. |
| ||2,857,191 ||54th in the world |
| -2,857,191 || |
|3,349,995 || |
|0 || |
| ||3,349,995 || |
Coal Reserves in Sweden
See also: List of countries by Coal Reserves
only 1.10 million tons (MMst) of proven coal reserves as of 2016, ranking 76th in the world and accounting for about
0.000% of the world's total coal reserves of 1,139,471 million tons (MMst).
Total Coal Reserves in Sweden are less than even a single year of coal consumption (2,857,191 tons as of 2016), making Sweden highly dependent on natural Coal imports in order to substain its consumption levels.
Global Rank: 76th
| Share of World: 0.000 %
0 years of Coal left
(at current consumption levels)
History of Coal Reserves in Sweden
Coal Consumption in Sweden
See also: List of countries by Coal Consumption
- Sweden consumes 2,857,191 Tons (short tons, "st") of Coal per year as of the year 2016.
- Sweden ranks 54th in the world for Coal consumption, accounting for about 0.3% of the world's total consumption of 1,139,471,430 tons.
- Sweden consumes 290,483 cubic feet of Coal per capita every year (based on the 2016 population of 9,836,007 people), or 796 cubic feet per capita per day.
- Sweden consumes in a year 2.6 times more than its total reserves. It substains this consumption by importing 3,349,995 Tons of Coal per year (in 2016).
Coal Production in Sweden
See also: List of countries by Coal Production
- Sweden produces
0.00 tons (short tons, "st") of Coal per year (as of 2016) ranking 67th in the world.
- Sweden imports 117% of its Coal consumption (3,349,995 tons in 2016).
History of Coal Consumption and Production